Our values are a declaration of our core beliefs and the defining features of a culture that breeds achievement. We've identified nine that crystallise who we are, who we have always been and what we stand for. These values reflect the enduring character of Pfizer and its people.
We demand of ourselves and others the highest ethical standards, and demand that products and processes be of the highest quality.
We start every task by asking:
- Would we be proud to explain how we are achieving our results?
- Are we doing the right thing, in the right way?
Innovation is the key to improving health and sustaining Pfizer's growth and profitability.
We start every assignment by asking:
- Is there a better way?
- Are we going to find it first?
- Are we looking for innovation in every aspect of our work?
We play an active role in making every country and community in which we operate a better place to live and work, knowing that its ongoing vitality has a direct impact on the long-term health of our business.
We consider in every place where we work:
- What do our communities need from us?
- How can we apply our talents and skills to help our communities grow and prosper?
We are deeply committed to meeting the needs of our customers, and we constantly focus on customer satisfaction.
We start every meeting by asking:
- Who is our customer?
- What have we done to identify their needs?
- Are we focused on our objectives — or theirs?
We know that to be a successful company we must work together, frequently transcending organisational and geographic boundaries to meet the changing needs of our customers.
We approach each other by asking:
- Are we involving the right people at the right time?
- Do we stand together to execute a decision?
We believe that leaders empower those around them by sharing knowledge and rewarding outstanding individual effort. We are dedicated to providing opportunities for leadership at all levels in our organisation.
We ask each other:
- Do we constantly challenge the status quo?
- Are we driving performance?
- Are we modelling the behaviour we want to see?
We strive for continuous improvement in our performance, measuring results carefully, and ensuring that integrity and respect for people are never compromised.
We challenge each other by asking:
- Are we acting like entrepreneurs?
- Are we making continuous improvement a way of life, every day?
- Are we pursuing the activities that add the greatest value?
- Are we holding ourselves accountable and learning from our mistakes?
Respect For People
We recognise that people are the cornerstone of Pfizer's success. We come from many different countries and cultures and we speak many languages. We value our diversity as a source of strength, and are proud of Pfizer's history of treating employees with respect and dignity.
We challenge ourselves by asking:
- Are we trying not only to understand but embrace different styles and viewpoints?
- Are we open and constructive with each other?
Quality is ingrained in the work of our colleagues and in all our values. We are dedicated to the delivery of quality healthcare around the world. Our business practices and processes are designed to achieve quality results that exceed the expectations of all of our stakeholders.
We begin and finish every project by asking:
- What are we doing to make everything better?
- Would we be confident if our parents, children, friends or neighbours were taking our medicine?