Who we are
History in Pakistan
Pfizer Pakistan has been working for the health and well-being of people in Pakistan since 1959. Pfizer Inc. Chief Executive, Mr. John J Powers Jr. laid the foundations for the first plant to be established in the industrial port area of West Wharf on 5th of February, 1959. The first collaboration was with local distributor, Dumex which led to the distribution of Pfizer products as manufacturing fully started in the year 1961.
We are committed to delivering novel medicines to fulfill some of the unmet medical needs of patients. The very purpose of our existence is to work with the nation for a healthier Pakistan and build invigorating, empowered communities.
Pfizer Pakistan has always remained instrumental in addressing the healthcare challenges faced by the country, meeting them by providing the expertise the company holds in this sector.
At Pfizer Pakistan, we provide access to safe, innovative and affordable medicines to millions of Pakistanis. Having a portfolio of medicines that prevent, treat and cure diseases across a range of therapeutic areas allows Pfizer Pakistan to enjoy the reputation of being a leading drug maker in the country.
Pfizer’s Pakistan affiliate provides livelihoods to thousands of households directly and indirectly and employs over 1000 people. The Pakistan affiliate is also responsible for managing distribution networks in Afghanistan.
Timeline of Operations